Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Cha-Cha-Cha-Changes

I'm still afraid to jinx my potential job opportunity by blogging about it, but there was additional progress today, and I got a handshake and a "welcome aboard" from our general manager--Looks like it will take shape after all, but I'll provide some details when it's official.

It makes me think in a more general way about life's ups and downs. I've had a pretty good year this year--before that, I had an awful 1997-1998, a pretty good 1999-2002 followed by a hellish 2003 and 2004. I guess the lesson that I've taken from it is that so much can change. When you're struggling with personal demons, or living through a life change (like losing your job) it can seem like it will be bad forever, but the truth is, it won't be. You always have time to turn it around. Sometimes you need some lucky breaks and the support of a few key people, but it's always do-able. I also know that things will get bad again--life's like that--but when that happens, hopefully someone will remind me to read this post and remember that it will pass.

--TinFoil Out

1 comment:

Tin Foil Hat said...

Gracias, senior Marx. :)